Saturday, October 31, 2015

Homemade Bread Crumbs


          Today's post is Homemade Bread Crumbs, though this is not a big recipe, I just wanted to have it in my basic posts. Whenever I bought bread crumbs, I used a small amount and most of the time the remaining got trashed, because it crossed the expiry date. I prefer making it at home, that way, I can make just the amount I needed, and also, we can add different seasonings or flavors to the bread crumbs..

Need To Have

  • Bread Slices - 4 or 5 slices

Method


          You can either bake the slices whole or tear it into pieces like shown in the picture, bake it at 180 C for about 7 to 10 minutes or till the bread pieces become crispy. Cool it and pulse it in a blender or mixie, till they look like rava/semolina.


Note
The basic idea is to toast the bread till very crispy, you can do this on a tava too, then just grind the bread slices.
Add seasonings like Italian or Mexican when you grind the bread to get flavored bread crumbs.
If you need to store more than a week, it's better to store it in the freezer.
We can use the bread crumbs for coating patties, cutlets, to get a crispy topping while baking pastas or vegetables and other bakes.
Pin It

5 comments: